Information Technology Director, JES Holdings
2002 – 2007
Recruited to establish and manage a corporate Information Technology Department for JES Holdings, a diverse company consisting of 6 sub-companies located in Columbia, MO and 80 remote locations nationwide.
- Designed and led the infrastructure installation of new data center facilities based in Columbia, MO – to include offsite data replication, server redundancy and high availability. This lead to an improved Business Continuity footing throughout the organization, and an ensuing Disaster Recovery Plan that led to +99.9% performance of the data infrastructure.
- Managed the deployment of 240 Computers for JES Holdings sub-company Fairway Management (FWM) to existing and newly developed properties through the United States. All data was replicated to the Home Office Data Center, allowing for a central data store and ease of sharing of information throughout the organization.
- Within the JES sub-company of Capitol Health Management (CHM) Implemented HIPAA Standards of data management, including: Risk Assessment, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing. This ensured compliance of HIPAA Regulations, successful annual third party audits and the safe handling of patient data.
- Provided onsite and remote technical support for various Fairway Construction (FWC) construction sites, including data cabling guidance. This accounted for reduced overhead costs by utilizing existing expertise in the organization.
- Oversaw all aspects of IP Video camera installations and management throughout the organization, especially within Affordable Equity Partners (AEP) and Fairway Construction (FWC). This added an increased level of security throughout the organization and improved loss prevention at remote sites.
Key Responsibilities consisting of:
- Personnel Management
- Managed all aspects of recruitment, including initial screening, skills assessments and salary negotiations.
- Conducted evaluations and One-on-One coaching on a regular basis,
- Team Management
- Supervised the overall operations of the IT Department and acted as Senior Technician for all Server, Infrastructure and Networking Projects.
- Implemented Help Desk software to accurately track reported incidents, maintain accurate records of fixed assets and provide for a knowledge base of known issues throughout the organization.
- Project Management
- Oversaw multiple Hardware and Software deployments including Forklift Upgrades, new installations and software upgrades.
- Designed and led the infrastructure installation of new Data Center facilities based in Columbia, MO – to include offsite data replication, server redundancy and high availability. The ensuing Disaster Recovery Plan led to +99.9% performance of the data infrastructure.
- Within the JES sub-company of Capitol Health Management (CHM) Implemented HIPAA Standards of data management, including: Risk Assessment, and Penetration Testing. This ensured compliance of HIPAA Regulations and successful annual third party audits.